Following up on a rumor that we reported yesterday, it looks as though GAME is kicking itself over leaking a huge surprise that was scheduled to be announced in the next issue of Official Xbox Magazine, or OXM. The new Tomb Raider title will have a number of multiplayer modes when it’s released on March 5th.
The confirmation comes from Crystal Dynamics Global Brand Director Karl Stewart as he decided to drop the multiplayer bomb on Twitter today:
“OK, so after all the speculation..yes it’s true. Check out @OXM for all the info on @tombraider’s new multiplayer.”
The only other details that were given regarding the multiplayer modes in Tomb Raider come directly from OXM saying it will have details on “new modes and info on who you’ll be playing as.” Subscribers of OXM should be receiving their February 2013 issue soon and non-subscribers can pick up a copy of the magazine starting January 8th. Until then, we’ll be sure to keep our eyes open for any news regarding the newly confirmed multiplayer modes in Tomb Raider and let you know what you can expect from them.
- 2014-01-29: Tomb Raider On Xbox One And PS4 Share Same Assets, Says Square Enix
- 2014-01-28: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Hits The PS4
- 2013-12-17: Tomb Raider For iOS
- 2013-12-17: Original Tomb Raider Released For iOS Devices
- 2013-12-08: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition PS4 And Xbox One Release Confirmed
- 2013-01-09: Square Enix Highlights Tomb Raider Multiplayer In Latest Dev Diary