Set-top boxes have been, for the most part, devices cable companies have stuck into our living rooms in order for us to access their content without a lot of bells and whistles to go along with. Sure, we can use our set-top boxes as a DVR, watch shows and movies on-demand and even be told the time when it’s off, but our set-top boxes need a little more pizazz. And maybe a little more Android, too.
The Tronsmart Prometheus is an Android-powered media player that resembles the ship that was featured in the film, Prometheus and comes with a ton of bells and whistles that will put your current set-top box to shame. The Prometheus runs Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and is powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core processor that features 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal flash storage and an SD card slot. It also has Wi-Fi, an Ethernet port, three USB 2.0 ports and an HDMI and composite output.
Tronsmart’s Promethus will set you back $99, which is an absolute steal when you consider just how sleek the device looks as well as the fact that it runs Android. This is one set-top box we can’t help but geek over just a little bit.RELATED
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Netatmo's Wireless Thermostat Can Be Controlled From Your Smartphone Anywhere
- Coffee Machine That Roasts, Grinds And Brews Your Cuppa
- FiberFix Uses Resin, Water To Become 100x Stronger Than Duct Tape
- Panasonic's Latest Premium Razor Features Stubble Detector, LCD Display
- Follow: Android, tv,
- Seen at: