Set-top boxes have been, for the most part, devices cable companies have stuck into our living rooms in order for us to access their content without a lot of bells and whistles to go along with. Sure, we can use our set-top boxes as a DVR, watch shows and movies on-demand and even be told the time when it’s off, but our set-top boxes need a little more pizazz. And maybe a little more Android, too.
The Tronsmart Prometheus is an Android-powered media player that resembles the ship that was featured in the film, Prometheus and comes with a ton of bells and whistles that will put your current set-top box to shame. The Prometheus runs Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and is powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core processor that features 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal flash storage and an SD card slot. It also has Wi-Fi, an Ethernet port, three USB 2.0 ports and an HDMI and composite output.
Tronsmart’s Promethus will set you back $99, which is an absolute steal when you consider just how sleek the device looks as well as the fact that it runs Android. This is one set-top box we can’t help but geek over just a little bit.
Next Story: FCC Filing Outs ZTE Wombat For T-Mobile
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-01-15: Xtreamer Android TV Box Provides An Affordable Media Center Solution
- 2013-07-09: Cube TV Kit Transforms Your Android Tablet Into A Set-Top Box
- 2011-12-20: Myriad Alien Vue brings Android apps to your TV
- 2011-11-23: xBounds brings true wireless display mirroring to Android
- 2011-10-27: Hisense and eyeSight to launch Android TVs with integrated gesture recognition technology