Some might say that among all of the other Android parading OEMs out there in the market, Sony can be considered to be one of the most consumer-friendly. After all, they do have a decent track record when it comes to consistent and transparent software updates, in addition to easily unlocked bootloaders, with the Xperia flash tool being the latest “feature” to make you proud that you own an Android-powered Sony device from the Xperia line.
This beta flash tool will enable Xperia users who own unlocked bootloaders to return to Sony’s lightly-skinned stock ROMs. At point of publishing, only the Sony Xperia S, Xperia arc and Xperia arc S are supported, although you can be sure that Sony is doing their darndest best to include additional smartphones down the road. If you happen to own any one of the above three mentioned devices, the process is simple enough – download the program from its dev portal, hook up your device, pick the available “services”, flash your ROM of choice and then reboot.
Next Story: Raspberry Pi Makes For A Decent Baby Monitor
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-17 Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-03-26 Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23 Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23 Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”