Windows Phone 8 has not been out for that long yet, and here we are with word that the mobile operating system is about to be hit with an upcoming update, which is always a good thing. Originally referred to as Apollo+, it seems that this OS update is being whispered to be prepared for a February 2013 launch at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, where it is tipped to come with a host of tiny patches, fixes and additions to Windows Phone 8 experience. Dubbed “Portico”, this label will continue the Microsoft tradition of Windows Phone operating system codenames to end in the letter “o”, if history is of any indication with NoDo (7.x), Mango (7.5), Tango (7.5 Refresh) and Apollo (8.0).
No idea on whether the whole point of Portico is because of its meaning, which is an extension on a house, but you get the general idea. It is rather unfortunate that very little else is known about this operating system update, so stay tuned.
- 2014-03-25 Windows Phone 8.1 Could Let Developers Reply To App Reviews
- 2014-01-27 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas For Windows Phone 8 Launched At Last
- 2014-01-10 Microsoft Will Update All Windows Phone 8 Devices To The Latest Version
- 2013-12-10 Microsoft Updates Skype For Windows Phone 8
- 2013-12-10 Microsoft Launches Socl App For Windows Phone 8 Devices