Earlier this month we reported that a user had taken it upon himself to install a wireless charger into his table, and it looks like the concept of a home installation is catching on as brent3000 has managed to install a Nokia Wireless Charging Plate for his Lumia 920 onto a floating shelf which only cost him $13 (for the shelf, not the charger). Depending on what kind of user you are, sometimes you chuck your phone, keys and wallet onto a table when you get home. Sometimes that table isn’t necessarily where your charger might be so we can certainly see the appeal in placing your phone on a table and have it start charging immediately.
Now the good news is that if you would love to have this setup for yourself in your home, brent3000 has put up the instructions on his website, so head on over if you’d like to learn more about it, might even be a nice little project to kick start 2013!
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2009-10-05: Nokia could offer wireless charging soon