Now here is a modern day horror story to share with your family and friends around the table this Christmas, especially when it concerns consumer electronics. Apparently, police tasered a lady who wanted to purchase too many iPhones at a New Hampshire Apple store. The 44-year old Chinese lady was tasered because she refused to leave the Apple store the day after she already purchased a couple of iPhones (the limit per customer) from the very same store.
After being asked by the staff to leave, she didn’t, as her daughter said that her English was not that proficient enough to know what’s going on, and what store policies are all about. The exasperated store staff then requested the assistance of the police, and when she did not listen to the men in uniform to leave while resisting arrest as claimed, she was tasered.
44-year old Li’s daughter said concerning the arrest, “So then the police took my mom’s phone and tried to take my mom’s bag. And my mom tried to ask them why, and they just threw her to the ground.” What do you think of this story, and who is right?
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display