Acer is not the first name that comes to the mind where smartphones and tablets are concerned, but they are involved in both markets, just in case you were wondering. Having said that, there is a new mid-range Android-powered smartphone that you might want to consider if you are on the lookout for one that fits nicely down the middle, where it is known as the Acer Liquid E1. Just in case it looks familiar, that is because this is more or less the Acer CloudMobile S500, albeit with lesser specifications.
Underneath the hood, you will find a 1GHz dual-core processor accompanied by 1GB RAM, carrying 4GB of internal memory, with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean running right out of box. There is a 4.5-inch display at qHD resolution alongside a 5-megapixel auto-focus camera at the back with LED flash, and a front-facing VGA camera. Other features include an FM receiver and a microSD memory card slot for expansion purposes, but it is rather weird that Acer has yet to release information on pricing and availability.
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing