[CES 2013] Alcatel might not necessarily be a name one thinks of when it comes to Android smartphones, but that does not mean that the company’s offerings are bad, perhaps it might be simply have to do with brand recognition. Now if you’re shopping about for an Android smartphone and you’re looking for an alternative to the plethora of Android smartphones out there offered by Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG and the likes, Alcatel has announced the One Touch Idol, a phone which the company touts as being the lightest in its category, especially since for a 4.7” device, it weighs 110g versus the iPhone 5 which weighs 112g with a 4” display.As far as specs are concerned, the Idol will be powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor with 512MB of RAM. It will run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and will sport an 8MP rear-facing camera and a 2.1MP front-facing camera. The phone will also be capable of capturing video in Full HD 1080p quality. Pricing on the One Touch Idol has yet to be determined along with US availability, but for those living in China you guys can expect to find the phone available for purchase sometime during January.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: alcatel, CES, CES 2013,