Word has it that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will most likely be making an appearance later in the year at an event for itself rather than announced at MWC 2013. So far the rumored specs include a 4.99” Full HD display, but apart from that not much else is known about the device. Some have speculated that with Samsung unveiling their 8-core Exynos 5 Octa mobile CPU, there is a chance that Samsung will be using that CPU in the Galaxy S4. It wouldn’t be a stretch of the imagination considering that the Galaxy S4 will be Samsung’s flagship phone for 2013. Now the good news is that if you were hoping for the 8-core Exynos 5 chipset to make its way into the Galaxy S4, Antutu Benchmarks of the alleged Galaxy S4 (both Korean and international variants) have been spotted (via Rbmen) and sure enough it looks like the phone is running on the 8-core Exynos 5 chipset which has been clocked at 1.8GHz.
The benchmarks have also revealed that the phone will be running on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, with other rumored specs including 2GB of RAM and a 13MP rear-facing camera. Now it is not impossible to fake benchmarks but like we said earlier, with the Galaxy S4 being Samsung’s 2013 flagship phone, we wouldn’t be surprised if the South Korean company is going all out on it, especially since their competitors such as HTC and Sony have already got a leg up on them with Full HD, quad-core devices already. Either way since Samsung has yet to confirm the specs themselves, we’ll try not to get ahead of ourselves just yet and suggest that you do the same, but with the release of the phone pegged for a launch later this year, we expect more leaks to pop up from now until then, so be sure to check back with us then for the details!
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-02 Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2013-02-21 Galaxy S4 Delay Due To Exynos 5 Issues?
- 2013-02-12 Samsung Galaxy S4 Benchmarks Reveal 1.9GHz Qualcomm Processor [Rumor]
- 2013-01-17 Samsung Exynos 5 Octa Specs & Details