The land of the free and home of the brave might soon come under the rule of one person. Wait a minute here, hasn’t it already done so? Well, you know very well as I do that what you read here is definitely a prank and a joke, just in case some folks take it the wrong way. Apparently, there is a seller on Yahoo! Japan’s eBay-style auction site known as Yahoo! Auctions who is selling off the title deed for the whole USA (Alaska is not part of the equation though).
The starting price to come under the hammer? A steal at just $66 after conversion, which is a whole lot more than the starting price of just 500 yen since last Tuesday. The title deed reads, “The person in possession of this deed is the lawful owner of the United States of America, and with it up to 12 nautical miles of territorial waters. Signed, Franklin D. Roosevelt.”
No idea on why the title deed is written in Japanese, and if that has not yet given the game away, perhaps reading this will – it is a joke! Perfect to help you ease into the middle of the week, don’t you think so?
Next Story: WiMe NanoWatch Does The Android Dance
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]
- 2012-11-01: Earth on Yahoo Auction, winning bid stands at $87,000 now