It’s amazing to see how a single video game franchise can change the whole game. We’re talking about Rovio’s insanely popular Angry Birds franchise. Since its first debut in 2009, the game’s popularity is still growing. Proof of that is its recent “Angry New Year” milestone. The company took to Twitter to announce that its games were downloaded 8 million times on Christmas day alone. “Our games were downloaded over 8 million times on Christmas Day,” says Rovio.
Additionally, Rovio revealed an infographic (seen above) showing that during the Christmas week, from December 22 to December 29, it saw more than 30 million Angry Birds downloads. The surge in downloads could be due to the gargantuan number of new smartphones and tablets that have been unwrapped under the Christmas trees, not to mention that the “Bad Piggies” helped, as well as the new and cool characters on Angry Birds Star Wars. Kudos to Rovio!
- 2014-03-12: Angry Birds Epic Is A Turn Based RPG
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-29: Angry Birds Website Hacked, Known As Spying Birds Instead
- 2014-01-28: Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-11-27: Angry Birds Go! In-App Purchases Rumored To Get Very Expensive