Remember our story earlier today about how the National Rifle Association’s (NRA) app on the Apple App Store was made available for free, where it required gamers to be involved in a first person shooter campaign? Well, Courage Campaign, a leading progressive organization, started a petition this afternoon on SignOn.org, where it is hoped that Apple CEO Tim Cook will be able to pull some strings and ultimately remove the NRA’s latest app from their App Store. Adam Bink, director of Online Programs at Courage Campaign, made a statement as reads below.
This is a classic example of everything that is wrong with the NRA. Instead of coming to the table with constructive ideas to reduce gun violence, the NRA is instead developing a video game that glorifies guns and gun violence. It is yet another shameful example, in a long list of shameful examples, of the destructive role the NRA plays in reducing gun violence and making our schools, communities and streets safer. We are calling on Apple to reject this app. It has no business being in the hands of kids across this country.
Are you in favor of the NRA’s app or not?RELATED
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- Follow: Apple Inc,