Remember our story earlier today about how the National Rifle Association’s (NRA) app on the Apple App Store was made available for free, where it required gamers to be involved in a first person shooter campaign? Well, Courage Campaign, a leading progressive organization, started a petition this afternoon on SignOn.org, where it is hoped that Apple CEO Tim Cook will be able to pull some strings and ultimately remove the NRA’s latest app from their App Store. Adam Bink, director of Online Programs at Courage Campaign, made a statement as reads below.
This is a classic example of everything that is wrong with the NRA. Instead of coming to the table with constructive ideas to reduce gun violence, the NRA is instead developing a video game that glorifies guns and gun violence. It is yet another shameful example, in a long list of shameful examples, of the destructive role the NRA plays in reducing gun violence and making our schools, communities and streets safer. We are calling on Apple to reject this app. It has no business being in the hands of kids across this country.
Are you in favor of the NRA’s app or not?
Next Story: Walmart Canada Takes BlackBerry 10 Pre-Orders
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court