Apple is reportedly preparing to launch an additional model and it’s not an iPad mini, as reported last week. According to 9to5 Mac, it will be a new SKU for the fourth-generation iPad with Retina display. First, sources are saying that it will arrive in both the current black and white color options, as well as the Wi-Fi-only and WiFi plus Cellular versions. However, the sources pointed out that the new SKU will not be a new design, but will still be an iPad 4.
Sources added that it is an even more “premium” SKU that will join the current line of 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB fourth-generation iPads. This led to the speculation that Apple could be brewing an iPad with a 128GB storage. One developer named Neal tweeted, “We should be seeing 128GB iDevices soon. iOS 6.1 beta 5 has 128G system partition key in BuildManifest.”Another developer, who goes by the name Sonny, tweeted a reference to a 128GB device found within Apple’s recent iTunes 11 release.
Next Story: BlackBerry 10 Tablets Confirmed By RIM
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2013-02-05: 128GB iPad 4 With Retina Display Now Available In The Apple Store
- 2013-01-29: iPad 4 128GB Model Officially Announced
- 2012-11-05: Apple sold 3 million iPads in 3 days