The Archos GamePad which was made available in Europe at the beginning of last month, remains an elusive device for the US market as the French company has not mentioned a wee bit about it. Until now, that is, where a rough time frame for the US release of the Archos GamePad has been set at sometime in February 2013, and you will need to pony up $169 if you want to bring one of these puppies home. At $169 a pop, it would make it a rather affordable piece of hardware, but some folks might be tempted to go the way of the Amazon Kindle or even Asus’ most recent MeMO Pad announcement.
Basically, the Archos GamePad is a 7” Android 4.1 Jelly Bean-powered tablet that comes with a built-in gamepad wrapped all around, sporting a 1,024 x 600 resolution display, running on a dual-core 1.6GHz Cortex A9 processor with 8GB of internal memory, 1GB RAM, a front-facing camera, Wi-Fi connectivity and a G sensor. Just how well do you think the Archos GamePad will perform in the market?
- 2014-02-26: Archos CEO Accidentally Kills Phone During Demonstration
- 2014-02-20: Archos 50c Oxygen & 64 Xenon Smartphones Announced
- 2014-02-20: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-02-20: Archos 80 Helium 4G Tablet Unveiled
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled
- 2013-09-25: Archos GamePad 2 Set To Debut Soon
- 2013-03-22: Archos GamePad Now Available In U.S. For $179
- 2012-12-06: Archos GamePad Now Available
- 2012-08-29: Archos GamePad gaming tablet released