[CES 2013] We are quite wary of claims made by different hardware manufacturers on being the “world’s first” where certain features are touted, but here we are with the Asus Transformer Book TX300CA that has wrapped its fingers around the title of being “the world’s first convertible Ultrabook”. Basically, the Asus Transformer Book TX300CA is said to let you switch between an Ultrabook and a tablet through the action of detaching the screen – meaning, it takes a totally different route from the likes of the Lenovo Yoga 11S that will fold its display all the other way around to function as a tablet.
It really depends on how you see it – either way, the Ultrabook still ends up as a tablet, it is just a different route to arrive at a similar destination, although Asus clearly thinks otherwise. The Asus Transformer Book TX300CA is no pushover when it comes to processing muscle though, sporting the latest Intel Core i7 processor with HD4000 graphics, SSD and HDD storage, 4GB RAM, Bluetooth 4.0 and USB 3.0 connectivity, a HD front-facing camera and a 5-megapixel camera at the back.
It will pack a 13” Full HD (1920×1080) IPS display with multi-touch capabilities which is capable of being detached on-the-fly from its full-size QWERTY keyboard. At least this means there are no hinge issues to worry about, right? Right?
Next Story: ASUS Transformer AiO Merges Desktop And Tablet
- 2014-04-10 ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27 AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24 ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23 ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-01-09 Asus Transformer All In One Seen With Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 2013-01-07 Asus PA249Q ProArt LED-Backlit Monitor
- 2013-01-07 Asus Qube With Google TV
- 2013-01-07 Asus VivoTab Smart Tablet Runs On Windows 8
- 2013-01-07 ASUS Transformer AiO Merges Desktop And Tablet