We wrote to you about Project “Daisy” last year, a new music streaming service and a potential Spotify rival that Dr. Dre and Nine-Inch Nails frontman, Trent Reznor, are working on. Well, it looks like we’re learning more about the service today. Dr. Dre’s Beat Electronics is announcing the upcoming launch of project “Daisy” with Ian Rogers as its CEO. Rogers will oversee the direction, vision and strategy for project “Daisy” and the talented team developing the service, the company said.
The new service is expected to launch later this year as a stand-alone company under the umbrella of Beats Electronics. Also, Trent Reznor’s role is now clear. He will serve as the Chief Creative Officer of the said project. “What’s missing from the digital music landscape is a cultural context,” said Iovine. “We need to bring an emotional connection back to the act of music discovery. With Trent and now Ian we have the right team in place to do it,” says Beats CEO and co-founder Jimmy Iovine.
Next Story: MetroPCS Has Simpler 4G LTE Plans
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-21 Beats Music Subscription Reportedly In The Low Six-Figures
- 2014-04-21 Boom Boom Bluetooth Speakers Will Evolve Over Time
- 2014-04-20 Rubens' Tube Pyro Board Is An Audio Visualizer For Our Times
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base