Following the announcement that BlackBerry App World will be re-branded to BlackBerry World, RIM, today, is announcing that the storefront will offer an extensive catalog of music, movies, and TV shows. RIM is pushing it further by boasting that most of its movies will be arriving at the store the same day they are released on DVD. Basically, the catalog will showcase content from all major studios, music labels, and top local broadcast networks. BlackBerry 10 users can also preview and buy content using multiple payment options.
The studios will include 20th Century Fox, Entertainment One, Lionsgate, MGM, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, The Walt Disney Studios, Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros. Broadcasters such as ABC Studios, BBC Worldwide, CBS, National Geographic, NBCUniversal, and Twentieth Century Fox Television are partners as well.
As for the labels, the list includes Sony Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group, and Warner Music Group. RIM says that its video section will be available in the U.S., U.K., and Canada initially, while its music section will initially be availalbe in 18 countries. The countries are Canada, USA, UK, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Australia, India, Malaysia, New Zealand and Singapore.RELATED
- Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- Remaining UK Blockbuster Stores To Shut Down
- Ex-Napster Executive Killed In Cycling Accident Involving Police Car
- Mars One Intends To Launch Unmanned Mars Lander In 5 Years’ Time
- National Library Of Norway To Digitize Its Entire Collection Of Books And Materials
- Follow: BlackBerry 10, blackberry world, RIM,
- Seen at: press.rim