So the Blackberry Z10 was announced just yesterday and we’re sure that many Blackberry fans are eager to get their hands on the device. Now it is a pretty accurate statement to say that cameras on Blackberry devices in the past weren’t exactly its selling feature, but with the Z10, Blackberry is looking to change that perception by introducing some pretty interesting camera software, but just how does it hold up against the likes of devices like the iPhone 5, the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Samsung Galaxy S3? Those three devices mentioned have been known for their high quality photo, with the Lumia 920 being touted as being able to produce the best photos under low light conditions and according to the folks at Gizmodo, it seems that the statement still holds true.
They have pit the Z10’s camera against the iPhone 5, the Lumia 920 and the Galaxy S3 in low light conditions and as you can see in the image above, the Z10 falls pretty far behind in the competition and you would be hard pressed to figure out what exactly is in the photo if it weren’t for the comparison shots. Of course this will matter to users who shoot constantly in low light settings, so it is only one aspect of the camera that might disappoint. We have yet to conduct our own review of the device so it remains to be seen if the camera under normal lighting will be able to hold its own, but for now if low light photography is your thing then perhaps the Z10’s camera might not be what you are looking for.
- 2013-11-19 Porsche Design Re-Imagines The BlackBerry Z10 Costing $2,400
- 2013-11-07 BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition Now Available For First 250 Developers Who Successfully Submitted An App
- 2013-08-18 Alleged Porsche Design BlackBerry Z10 Components Leaked
- 2013-07-15 BlackBerry Z10 Prices Dropping As Low As $49 Four Months After Release
- 2013-06-27 BlackBerry 10.1 Update Solves Rebooting Issue