We reported yesterday on Apple possibly working on a low-cost iPhone for China, then the Wall Street Journal jumped into the mix saying they also believe Apple will release a cheaper iPhone in 2013. Now, it looks like Bloomberg is also jumping on the chearper-iPhone bandwagon as not only do they also believe it’ll come this year, but they go as far as to say the low-priced iPhone will retail for between $99 to $149. Whether or not that is the non-subsidized price is unsure at this time, but we’d be extremely impressed if it is as we’d pick up handfuls of iPhones if they were priced that low.
Bloomberg is sourcing a person who asked not to be named due to the negotiations being private. According to their source, Apple has spoken to one of the top U.S. carriers about their upcoming plans. If the cheaper iPhone rumor turns out to be true, it’s expected to release in late 2013.
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-11-06: Pebble Smart Watch Update for IOS 7 and SDK 2.0
- 2013-06-13: Apple Considering iPhones With 4.7-Inch, 5.7-Inch Display [Rumor]
- 2013-04-15: Foxconn Hiring New Employees To Build The iPhone 5S
- 2013-04-11: Apple To Pay $53 Million In iPhone Warranty Lawsuit