[CES 2013] It looks like LG won’t be the only television manufacturer showing off its Google TV devices at CES next week as Google announced a number of other partners will be showing their own Google TV-powered devices.
Google announced Asus, Hisense, TCL and other manufacturers, including Sony and Vizio, will be showing off new and updated products that will be showcasing their support for the Google TV platform. The products will range from set-top boxes, integrated TVs and IPTV boxes from a total of 9 partners.
This past November, Google launched an update to its Google TV platform that added Voice Search as well as a new PrimeTime application, which will hopefully enough of an improvement over the previous Google TV platform to make the new products being showcased at CES next week worth your while. If not, then there’s always other similar platforms like Roku that can be plugged in and out of TVs without requiring you to purchase an entirely new TV set.
Next Story: Westinghouse Debuting Roku-Ready TVs At CES
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2013-01-09: Sony CEO Says PS Vita Sales On 'Low End' Of Company's Expectations
- 2013-01-09: Hisense Transparent 3D Display At CES 2013
- 2013-01-09: Asus Transformer All In One Seen With Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 2013-01-08: Sony Xperia Z Hands-on Review
- 2013-01-08: Sony VAIO T Series Updated With Touchscreen Option