Late last year, we saw a robot take on a man in a game of Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots in a cage match to the death, or at least a match until one of the little heads on one of the robots’ heads popped up. Man lost that battle, and I predicted the robot uprising would be happening very soon.
It looks like I might have been a little hasty with my ideas of the upcoming robot uprising starting so soon as another robot has been spotted in Cologne, Germany whose prime objective is to carve out stools. The robot can carve two 7xStools from a single log and with the help of its chainsaw mounted to the end of its arm. We just hope this robot doesn’t suddenly become aware as it’ll probably be way more dangerous than the robot who is really good at Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots.
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland