At the close of 2012, Cricket was rather proud to claim that their Muve Music service has garnered more than 1.1 million subscribers. This does not sound like much when you consider other music subscription models that are in the market, but you will need to take into consideration the relatively small size of Cricket in comparison to the other movers and shakers. Still, since its commercial launch in January 2011, Muve Music is said to have been one of the fastest-growing and leading on-demand digital music services in the US, now how about that?
This “achievement” was also made possible thanks to Cricket including Muve Music in every Cricket Android smartphone rate plan, resulting in a differentiating product that keeps consumers interested and happy. I guess when you target the masses with the lowest common denominator while keeping prices low enough to carve a smile on any face, you have more or less got yourself a winner there. Not only that, Muve Music is also said to deliver a high engagement service at lower cost and lower bandwidth compared to alternative streaming music services, which is good news for those who are interested.
- 2013-07-14: AT&T Agrees To Acquire Leap Wireless For $1.19 Billion
- 2013-05-22: Cricket To Sell Samsung Galaxy S4 From 7th June
- 2013-01-08: Cricket's Muve Music Has Over 1.1 Million Subscribers
- 2012-12-13: MetroPCS and Cricket to offer high-end smartphone financing plans of their own
- 2012-11-06: LG Optimus Regard photo leaked, appears to be headed for Cricket
- 2012-09-13: iPhone 5 headed for Cricket on the 28th of September