[CES 2013] When it comes to routers, you know that the name D-Link can be trusted. After all, they have been around for a fair number of years, and this time around, gamers might want to sit up and take notice at the D-Link AC 1300 (DGL-5500) gaming router which is said to deliver the best kind of performance possible at a decent price range for both gaming and HD video streaming purposes. The inclusion of Dual Band technology ensures interference-free bandwidth under most circumstances, while StreamBoost technology will be able to intelligently allocate the right amount of bandwidth for the best gaming experience.
Going by the full name of “Wireless AC1300 Dual Band Gigabit Gaming Router” (what a mouthful!), let us talk more about how StreamBoost technology works. With the integrated StreamBoost QoS engine, it is capable of intelligently prioritizing bandwidth in order to relegate both lag and buffering into history books as it manages your connection automatically, while giving you the option of manually routing additional bandwidth to a specific activity, with even the choice of routing such bandwidth to a specific device, now how about that? Does it deserve the “World’s Fastest Wi-Fi” tag? Only time will tell as the AC 1300 hits the market, so hopefully D-Link’s latest gaming route would have the “muscle” to back up such lofty claims.
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09: WiTricity Charges iPhone Sans Wires
- 2014-01-06: D-Link DCS-825L WiFi Baby Camera
- 2014-01-06: D-Link DIR-510L WiFi AC750 Travel Router / Charger
- 2014-01-06: D-Link Network Video Recorder DNR-312L
- 2013-01-07: D-Link SharePort Go Announced
- 2013-01-07: D-Link Cloud Camera Range Unveiled