Cats might not be man’s best friend, but there is a segment of the population who love all things feline as well. Flipper, whom you see in the video above, is a cat who was born with a twisted spine, and that basically sucks since she is unable to walk with all fours being on the same plane. That translates to a disabled cat, one that has to drag her hind quarters each time she intends to get around. Members at the Blitz Robotic Club at Conifer High School in Colorado decided to pool their talents and time together to build Flipper a pair of wheels so that she can get around with ease.
This unique invention has given Flipper a new lease of life, and you can say that Flipper is the latest addition to the galaxy of cat videos permeating the Internet. It is hoped that doctors might be able to restore communication over Flipper’s entire spinal cord in the long term, but at least this intelligent pseudo-walker for Flipper will have to make do for the moment.
- 2014-03-13: PetWALK Automatic Pet Door Prevents Wet Paw Marks Around The Home
- 2014-03-10: Privacy Features To Be Embedded In Humanoid Robots
- 2014-01-12: FitBark Tracker For Dogs Gets Slight Hardware Upgrade
- 2013-10-28: PetChatz Helps You Communicate With Your Pet While You're Gone
- 2013-06-18: Robot Bodies Could Make You “Immortal” By 2035
- 2013-01-31: Disabled Cat Gets Wheelie Legs From Student Robot Club
- 2012-12-21: Man Vs. Machine In Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots Cage Match
- 2012-12-05: PacX Wave Glider Swimming Robot Arrives At Australia
- 2010-09-19: Future pet robots could respond to human emotions