Now this is a public service announcement, and just in case some folks out there lack the common sense to weigh what they have read online and know how to filter things through, remember that you should never, ever microwave your iphone just to charge its battery. It seems that there are some folks living in Japan who came across this sagely advice online, and fell for it, hook, line and sinker, and obviously ended up with heartbreaking results.
It definitely sounds unbelievable, but as they say, truth is indeed stranger than fiction, and there has been images of microwaved iPhones appearing all over the Internet, mostly by the “victims” who realized that they have been duped. Apparently, this thread began from a Japanese internet noticeboard known as “2channel“, where it touted that the iPhone 5 can be juiced up in a microwave for 20 seconds, while it takes half a minute for the iPhone 4S to be charged up. Norton should come up with some sort of naive filter for the Internet, really!
Next Story: RIP Symbian On Nokia
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10: Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-06-23: Walmart Slashes iPhone 5 And iPhone 4S Prices Permanently
- 2013-06-20: Apple Sued Over Call Forwarding Patent By Texas Company
- 2013-05-24: iPhone Repair Costs Rising Due To More Expensive Components