Kids who grew up without a sibling or relative somewhere in their age range would have to figure out different ways to interact with others as he or she grows up, and from what I have read so far and watched in movies and cartoons, these lonely kids tend to have imaginary friends, and sometimes they are of the otherworldly kind (brrr!). Well, here is a robot that might just keep your kid entertained if it were to be further researched and developed for the masses – researchers over at the Flanders’ Mechatronics Technology Centre (FMTC) in Belgium have managed to develop the first robot of its kind to play badminton.
Yes sir, this badminton robot will be nowhere near the level of Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan, but it is a start – and a good one, at that. Right now, it remains as a guinea pig to test a software application which was specially designed to optimize energy efficiency where machine design is concerned. We do wonder just what other kinds of sports that robots would be able to get involved in down the road, but a kid-friendly badminton robot sure sounds viable in badminton crazy countries.
Next Story: Google Chrome Android Statue Spotted
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland