[CES 2013] If you’re in the market for a new wireless router that can act as a streaming device that can be used as a cloud server of sorts to share content throughout your home, then you might be interested in checking out some of EnGenius’ series of wireless AC home entertainment and media pods which the company will be showing off at CES 2013 this week.
Both home entertainment and media pods utilizes EnGenius’ Cloud Services for Homes, allowing the user to remotely monitor or manage the device via their computers and even their smartphones or tablets thanks to an accompanying app. The Cloud Services for Homes will also allow users connected to the devices to access media files stored on USB drives that have been attached to either the home entertainment or media pods.Kicking off with the home entertainment pods, these units will feature an internal antenna array with Quantum-Beam that according to EnGenius, will help provide maximum coverage. There will be three models available and all three will feature a wireless dual-band 802.11ac router, four-port Gigabit switch, USB port and a media streaming platform. The difference between the models would be the Mbps offered, with the cheapest offering (ESR750C) 300 + 433 Mbps at $119.99, while the most expensive option (ESR1750C) will offering 450 + 1299 Mbps and will be priced at $199.99. For those looking for a happy middle, the ESR1200C will offer 300 + 866 Mbps and will be priced at $169.99.
EnGenius has also announced the media pod which according to them, works in conjunction with the home entertainment pods. The media pod will allow users to stream content from Blu-ray players, DVRs, set top boxes and the likes. The ERB1300 Wireless AC Media Pod will feature Dual-Band 300/1299 Mbps Media Bridge/AP with four Gigabit Ports and is expected to be available Q1 2013 for $179.99.
Next Story: EnGenius Powerline Media Adapter Kits Announced
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-06: Netgear Trek N300 Travel Router
- 2014-01-06: D-Link DIR-510L WiFi AC750 Travel Router / Charger
- 2014-01-05: Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Backup Plus Fast
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo Beacon Home Network Storage
- 2013-01-09: Securifi Almond+ Wireless Smart Router