Facebook users carrying around an iOS device at all times will want to head over to the App Store immediately as their iOS app has just been updated to 5.4 this afternoon.
One of the big improvements in Facebook’s iOS 5.4 update is the ability to send voice messages directly within the app, which was previously only made available in Facebook’s Messenger application earlier this month. The Facebook app also gives its users access to their camera to record and share videos and images right from within the Facebook application to be sent in a message.
In addition to those improvements, Facebook has improved its Nearby tab that offer a more Foursquare-like interface to help find points of interests.
If you were hoping Facebook would allow for its users to make VoIP calls from within its official application, it looks as though you lucked out this time as the feature has yet to make its primetime debut. For now, if you need to make VoIP calls and prefer to use Facebook as your go-to VoIP call provider, you’ll need to make those calls through Facebook’s Messenger app.
Next Story: White BlackBerry 10 Z10 Pictures Leak Online
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2013-06-19: Facebook For iOS Now Supports Status Update Emoticons
- 2012-08-23: Facebook 5.0 for iOS hands-on
- 2012-07-31: Facebook for iOS gains a new Save feature
- 2012-07-26: Former Apple software engineers reportedly working on a faster Facebook app for iOS