Business managers and owners will be happy to hear that Foursquare is launching Foursquare For Business Managers today. The app, which is exclusively available on the iPhone for now, lets business managers post updates, activate specials, and learn who their customers actually are. Foursquare says that the new app is designed to offer busy managers a way to keep up with Foursquare without being tied to a computer in an office or back room. Basically, managers or store owners can post business updates from within the app and share those updates on Facebook and Twitter.
There’s also a nifty activity tab which shows recent visitors and their tips. Tapping a visitor profile, for example, shows the visitor’s profile photo and the number of times he or she has visited your place. There’s also a separate analytics tab which displays the top recent visitors together with the total number of check-ins and likes. Managers can even activate and deactivate specials. For example, a manager at a restaurant will be able to view a number of empty tables and immediately turn on a 20 percent off Foursquare special to try to drive traffic in the door. If you happen to be a manager of some sort, you can download the app via iTunes.
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-02-04: Microsoft Invests $15 Million Into Foursquare
- 2014-01-30: Foursquare Now Lets You Order Food Within The App
- 2013-12-05: Foursquare v7.0 For iOS Gets A Complete Revamp
- 2013-10-14: Foursquare Ads Launched
- 2013-06-25: Foursquare Gives Your Friends The Power To Check You In
- 2013-05-21: Foursquare App For Windows Phone Updated With Nokia Lumia Exclusive Features
- 2012-11-05: Foursquare for iOS now features a 1 to 10 rating system on Explore
- 2012-08-09: Foursquare's "Nearby Friends" functionality returns on iOS and BlackBerry, Android up next