We caught wind of what appeared to be a hint at the next Galaxy Note tablet, the Galaxy Note 8.0, earlier this morning using the code “Samsung GT-N5100.” It looks as though news of the Galaxy Note 8.0 isn’t over today as Samsung has confirmed some specifics about it to SamMobile.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is expected to come in two flavors: 3G + Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi only. Much of what we mentioned in our previous post seems to be confirmed as well as it’s expected to have an 8″ 1280 x 800 TFT (Super Clear LCD) display, a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, 2GB of RAM, and 16 / 32GB of internal flash memory with an additional microSD card slot.
The Galaxy Note 8.0 is expected to weigh around 330g, or 0.7 pounds, and its dimensions will be 211.3×136.3×7.95 mm. It’ll run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and will come with all of the wireless connections we’d expect from a tablet these days: Bluetooth version 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and GPS. One of the last specs mentioned was its battery, which the Galaxy Note 8.0 will come with a 4600 mAh battery.
Samsung is expected to unveil the Galaxy Note 8.0 at Mobile World Congress next month in Barcelona, Spain. Lucky for you, dear reader, we’ll be attending and will be front row and center when Samsung makes their announcement.
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-26: Best of MWC 2014 @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-02-26: WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google
- 2014-02-26: Ubuntu Phones Will Hit The Market This Fall
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3
- 2013-02-25: VISA, Samsung Announce Partnership Bringing payWave To Galaxy Devices
- 2013-02-24: Samsung Homesync Is A Powerful Media Server Running Android Jelly Bean
- 2013-02-23: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Tablet Becomes Official
- 2013-02-20: Samsung Galaxy Star Rumored To Be A Low-End Android Device