The LG Nexus 4 is a device that’s becoming increasingly difficult to get these days. Some of it might have to do it with its popularity thanks to its impressive hardware specs and affordable price tag, while other reasons might have something to do with the supply of phones to the Google Play store. In any case if you wanted the LG Nexus 4 experience, the closest thing you might be able to find would be in the form of the LG Optimus G which more or less shares the same hardware specs as the Nexus 4, with the glaring difference being in its design, of course. Thanks to the folks at XDA Developers, such as G33k3r and Rohan32, what they have managed to do is cook up a hack that will convert an LG Optimus G into a Nexus 4.
Of course the exterior design of the phone will remain the same, needless to say, but the hack will transform the software to mimic the Nexus 4. This includes swapping out LG’s customized software elements to that of the Nexus 4, disabling of LTE, caps the internal storage to 8GB and in order to update it, will also require Nexus 4 firmware! Of course the limiting of internal storage and disabling of LTE doesn’t make sense, but that’s pretty much what you might expect from the Nexus 4 had you ordered one when the device was first announced. In any case if you have some time to spare and you have experience in flashing custom ROMs, then perhaps this might be worth taking a look into, although we have to caution you to proceed at your own risk.
Next Story: Dueling Coming To Diablo 3 In Patch 1.0.7
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2013-12-13: LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users [Update]
- 2013-10-29: Nexus 4 Could Still Be Sold After Nexus 5 Launch
- 2013-10-02: LG Optimus G To Get Android 4.4 KitKat Update In October, According To LG France
- 2013-09-17: Nexus 4 No Longer Being Sold In The U.S. [Report]
- 2013-06-30: White Nexus 4 8GB Model Drops Out Of Google Play Radar