Halo 4 had a great 2012 as it broke its own franchise’s opening day sales record and released its first map pack in time for the holiday noob hunt, and today, Microsoft is announcing the first season of Halo 4′s Spartan Ops mode will be returning on January 21.
Episodes 6-10 in Spartan Ops are scheduled to release weekly starting on January 21 as the story featuring the Majestic Squad of the UNSC Infinity continues to play out. If you haven’t played episodes 1-5, they’re currently available to you to play through within Halo 4, but if you did play the episodes and need a refresher on what exactly transpired, Microsoft has released a trailer to offer that refresher to Halo 4 players.
In addition to today’s news of Spartan Ops Season One returning, Halo 4 developer 343 Industries also shared some stats summarizing how Halo 4 players did in the first half of Sparton Ops Season One.
Stats summary of the first half of Spartan Ops Season 1
8,125,908 games were played in Spartan Ops Matchmaking in the first two months.
4,696,752 hours were spent playing Spartan Ops Matchmaking in the first two months.
901,258,308 kills were earned in Spartan Ops Matchmaking in the first two months.
262,150,257 assists were earned in Spartan Ops Matchmaking in the first two months.
167,101,619 deaths were recorded in Spartan Ops Matchmaking in the first two months.
“Shootout In Valhalla” was the most played Mission in the first half of Spartan Ops Season 1.
How do you stack up against the following averages?
49.77 was the average number of kills earned per game in Spartan Ops Matchmaking in the first two months.
6.77 was the average number of assists earned per game in Spartan Ops Matchmaking in the first two months.
7.15 was the average number of deaths recorded per game in Spartan Ops Matchmaking in the first two months.
I’m proud to say that I added at least five hours of Spartan Ops time and maybe 700 kills to those stats. So, you’re welcome Halo 4 community.
Next Story: Nintendo Wii U GamePad Accessory Set Announced
- 2013-08-27: Halo 4 Game Of The Year Edition Arrives This October
- 2013-07-08: Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC Adds New Maps, Armor, Weapons On Aug. 20
- 2013-03-11: Halo 4 Castle Map Pack Adds 3 New Maps, 6v6 Playlist On April 8
- 2013-02-18: Halo 4 Majestic Map Pack Leaked
- 2013-02-07: Conan O'Brien's Halo 4 Review Results In Cortana Lust, Controller Licking
- 2012-06-04: Microsoft shows off Halo 4, game set for November 6th release
- 2012-05-16: Halo 4 Puzzle Solved; Box Art Revealed
- 2012-03-05: Halo 4: In-game footage leaked online, looks pretty good
- 2012-02-02: Halo 4 rumored to be announced this month