The newly restored Madison Hotel in Washington D.C. is busy preparing to host the VIPs who will witness the second inauguration of President Barack Obama. In fact, the hotel is offering a “Inaugural Town and Country” package that is priced at $47,000. The package includes a four night stay in one of the Madison’s Presidential Suites, a private Presidential Inauguration tour, a $5,000 shopping experience at Brooks Brothers, a personal town car and driver, and a “dedicated” social media butler.
Yes, the hotel has just hired Anchor Media’s Victoria Devine to chronicle the Inaugural experience of its guests so that their friends and family can follow their adventures on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Basically, the work of the social media butler will be to post on all of your accounts so that you won’t have to worry about missing a thing. Guests can also select the frequency and content of the posts. “We haven’t really figured out the details,” says Victoria Devine. “I guess we’re waiting to see if anyone buys it.”
- 2014-04-16: IRS Might Monitor Social Media To Bust Tax Evaders
- 2014-03-18: MH370 Links On Social Networks Spreading Malware
- 2014-02-21: Lie Detector Tool Will Weed Out Rumors On Social Media
- 2014-01-21: Facebook News Feed Favors Friends & Pages Vs. Memes
- 2013-12-02: The Fanda: Crowdsourced Global Celebrity Stalking