We’re sure that first-gen Windows Phone owners are a bit bummed that their phones won’t be updated to Windows Phone 8, but rather Windows Phone 7.8 instead, but then it’s better than nothing, right? Anyway according to a post by HTC (via Windows-Phone.pl), it seems that the company’s first-gen Windows Phone, the HTC Mozart, will actually be receiving the Windows Phone 7.8 update towards the end of February or early March! We’re not sure who might still be holding onto devices like the HTC Mozart, but in case you are or you know someone that still uses it on a daily basis, this sounds like pretty good news.
However it should be noted that the post from HTC was translated into English so there might have been some details lost in the translation, because according to the post, this is what HTC had to say, “As of today, the HTC 7 Mozart smartphone is the only one for which it was confirmed by providing updated Windows Phone 7.8.” It almost sounds like the Mozart will be the only phone from HTC receiving the 7.8 update, making us wondering if the HD7 or Titan will be left out, or like we said, something might have gotten lost in the translation process. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info, so check back with us later for more details!
Next Story: Temple Run 2 Now Available On Android
- 2013-05-08: AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone 7.8 Update Out Now
- 2013-03-18: Windows Phone 7.8 To Receive Support Until September 2014
- 2013-03-14: Windows Phone 7.8 Update Build 8860 Could Have Tile Bug Fix
- 2013-02-04: Dell Venue Pro Gets Windows Phone 7.8 Update
- 2013-02-04: T-Mobile's Nokia Lumia 710 Will Be Missing Windows Phone 7.8 Update [Updated]