Now that’s a turn up for the books! It was just yesterday when we wrote to you about a purported new iPad model that will have a gargantuan storage capacity of 128GB. And here we are with an official word from Apple that it is officially announcing such model. Apple has just announced a 128GB iPad 4 with Retina display. There will be two versions – a Wi-Fi only version and a Wi-Fi + Cellular variant. The new 128GB iPad 4 will be available on February 5th in black and white color options.
It will be available at a suggested retail price of $799 for the iPad with Wi-Fi model, and $929 for the iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular model. Both models will be sold through Apple’s online store, Apple retail stores, and selected resellers. As a matter of review, the iPad 4 sports a 9.7-inch Retina display and is powered by an A6X chip. It supports LTE and runs iOS 6.
“With more than 120 million iPads sold, it’s clear that customers around the world love their iPads, and everyday they are finding more great reasons to work, learn and play on their iPads rather than their old PCs,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “With twice the storage capacity and an unparalleled selection of over 300,000 native iPad apps, enterprises, educators and artists have even more reasons to use iPad for all their business and personal needs.”
Next Story: Microsoft Office 2013 Now Available For Purchase
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-02-05: 128GB iPad 4 With Retina Display Now Available In The Apple Store
- 2013-01-28: Apple Poised To Launch Additional iPad Model With 128GB Storage [Rumor]
- 2012-11-05: Apple sold 3 million iPads in 3 days