Earlier today, we reported about the rumor that Apple is brewing up a new iPad model with a 128GB storage that will be priced around $799 for the Wi-Fi-only model and $929 for the Cellular-compatible model. Well, 9to5 Mac is now adding the rumor by posting an “unverified” image submitted by a Chinese iPad accessories manufacturer. The image, as seen above together with iPad mini, appears to be the black of the next-generation iPad, which the source says is a prototype back piece for the fifth-generation iPad with a 9.7-inch display.
The Chinese accessories manufacturer also told the publication that the casing is as thin as the back of the iPad mini. The antenna cut on the backplate also reveals that the casing is most likely a prototype for an LTE version of the purported iPad 5. However, do note that the source of the image has yet to be verified, which raises more questions than answers. Earlier reports point to a possible launch in March. For now, let’s take it with a grain of salt shall we?RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Testing 2K And 4K Displays For 12.9 Inch iPad
- Ultra Realistic Painting Of Morgan Freeman Done On The iPad Air
- Holiday Shoppers Prefer Tablets As Retina iPad Mini Supply Eases Up
- Amazon's New Ad Pokes Fun At The iPad Air
- Retina iPad Mini's Display Ranks A "Distant Third" Compared To Nexus 7 And Kindle Fire HDX
- Follow: iPad, iPad 5,