Earlier today, we reported about the rumor that Apple is brewing up a new iPad model with a 128GB storage that will be priced around $799 for the Wi-Fi-only model and $929 for the Cellular-compatible model. Well, 9to5 Mac is now adding the rumor by posting an “unverified” image submitted by a Chinese iPad accessories manufacturer. The image, as seen above together with iPad mini, appears to be the black of the next-generation iPad, which the source says is a prototype back piece for the fifth-generation iPad with a 9.7-inch display.
The Chinese accessories manufacturer also told the publication that the casing is as thin as the back of the iPad mini. The antenna cut on the backplate also reveals that the casing is most likely a prototype for an LTE version of the purported iPad 5. However, do note that the source of the image has yet to be verified, which raises more questions than answers. Earlier reports point to a possible launch in March. For now, let’s take it with a grain of salt shall we?
Next Story: GammaTech Intros Durabook TA10 Rugged Tablet
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-10-07: iPad 5 Release Date, News and Rumored Specs
- 2013-08-12: iPad 5 Features Same Thin Touch-Screen Technology As iPad Mini [Rumor]
- 2013-05-20: iPad 5 Release Date (Rumor)