We told you about the iPen last year, praised by many as the first ever “active” stylus for the iPad. Well, fresh from its successful Kickstarter debut, its creators are now introducing its next-generation active stylus called the iPen 2. The iPen 2, however, isn’t just an upgrade to the company’s first-generation stylus. It comes in two models – an iMac model and an iPad model. The iMac model also works with glass panels running Windows OS.
The iPen 2 comes with a better pressure sensitivity up to 1024 pressure levels. The new design also makes it easier for users to make pressure strokes, and it also works on Corel Painter and Autodesk Sketchbook in Mac OS and Windows. The iPen 2 is also Angle Agnostic, which gives users the same results even in different angles. Inside the stylus, a signal is transmitted into the tip of the pen to acheive better accuracy.
Lastly, the iPen 2 has an improved lightweight inking. It emulates the natural writing of a ball-point pen. Cregle says that the iPen 2 takes 75 percent less weight to generate inking when compared to its predecessor. The iPen 2 recently launched on Kickstarter. If you want to help, you can pledge by visiting its official Kickstarter page.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Apple Reportedly Testing 2K And 4K Displays For 12.9 Inch iPad
- Ultra Realistic Painting Of Morgan Freeman Done On The iPad Air
- Holiday Shoppers Prefer Tablets As Retina iPad Mini Supply Eases Up
- Follow: kickstarter, stylus,
- Seen at: kickstarter