The Apple rumor mill just keeps on flowing as we just reported on an analyst predicting the company will release an iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display, a cheaper iPhone and the iPhone 5S all this year as if he loaded a shotgun with rumor pellets and shot his analysis all over the Internet. It seems that same analyst wasn’t done as he’s predicting something that could certainly change the landscape of the mobile industry if it turns out to be true.
KGI Securities Ming-Chi Kuo is predicting not only will the iPhone 5S be made available this year, but it’ll also come with a fingerprint sensor built underneath its Home button. The purpose of implementing a fingerprint sensor is simple: better security throughout a number of applications, like Passbook, as well as being able to use your fingerprint to unlock your phone.
We’re all for rumors, but this one seems to be a bit of a stretch as we can’t even begin to imagine how much more expensive the iPhone 5S would be if it had a fingerprint sensor built into it. We’re also a bit skeptical of this claim seeing as the “S” iPhones don’t tend to offer big advancements like this, instead, “S” iPhones tend to be faster and thinner than their predecessor.
Next Story: Antique Camera Carried Century Old Photos
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17 Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2013-04-15 Foxconn Hiring New Employees To Build The iPhone 5S
- 2013-04-09 Multiple iPhone 5S Sizes Suggested
- 2013-01-15 iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]
- 2012-12-06 iPhone 5S leaked pics show slight difference to iPhone 5 [Rumor]