Even though Apple’s iPhone 5 apparently isn’t doing too well these days due to a rumor circulating yesterday on the company cutting its supply orders, it’s inevitable that they’re already in the process of working on the iPhone 5S. We reported last month analyst Peter Misek expected the iPhone 5S to launch in June 2013, and it looks like he’s back to predict a new timeframe of when to expect the iPhone 5S.
Misek still believes the new iPhone 5S will be unveiled in either June or July 2013, which he also expected the first iPhone 5S builds to start being manufactured in March. Misek also believes news of a new iPhone 5S being available may be the reason why demand for the iPhone 5 has been dropping after the new year.
We can’t completely blame consumers for not wanting to pick up the iPhone 5 at this point since buying any new smartphone is a two-year dedication, depending on the mobile plan you pick up with it. If I had an iPhone 4S and knew the iPhone 5S was right around the corner, I’d wait too.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2012-12-06: iPhone 5S leaked pics show slight difference to iPhone 5 [Rumor]
- 2011-11-11: iPhone 5 existed as a prototype?
- 2011-10-05: iPhone 5 Experiment goes on
- 2011-10-04: New iPhone to carry voice recognition technology? (updated)
- 2011-09-30: Next iPhone could come be available in 64GB as well