Fans of the LG Optimus G might recall that a few weeks ago, it was suggested that the Optimus G2 could get a possible announcement at CES 2013, but unfortunately the event came and went and apart from new LG TVs, there was no mention of the handset at all. Now according to new reports, it seems that the reason why the Optimus G2 did not make its scheduled CES appearance was due to the handset apparently being delayed for later on this year, and will be delayed until the Fall of 2013 which is when Google is expected to release its next major build of Android – Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. Specs of the device aren’t known at the moment, but many are pretty sure it will sport a Full HD display which seems to be the trend these days.
However at the same time there have also been rumors that LG could be unveiling a quad-core, Full HD 5.5” Android smartphone at MWC 2013 called the Optimus GK, so we’re not sure what to make of this just yet. Either way MWC 2013 will be taking place in over a month’s time and we will be on site, so check back with us then for all the details. In the meantime we suggest you take this with a grain of salt for now.
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2013-03-03 LG Optimus G Pro Benchmarks
- 2013-03-02 LG Optimus G Pro Unboxing [HD Video]
- 2013-02-25 LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2013-02-25 LG Optimus G Pro Hands On review (International)
- 2013-02-25 LG Demos Wireless Ultra HD Transmission Technology