One of the drawbacks to owning a Mac is that not all games are available to you compared to PC. Sure you could fire up Bootcamp but for those who don’t have the software or choose not to, well your options might not be as varied. Now the good news is that if you have been envious of your PC friends who have been busy enjoying Riot’s League of Legends, you might be interested to learn that a Mac League of Legends client is expected to be available and ready for Open Beta within a month or two. This was confirmed by Tuaw’s Mike Schramm who dropped by Riot’s offices and spoke to the company’s PR manager, Chris Heintz.
According to Heintz, the Mac client is expected to be available on the live servers as an Open Beta soon, and apparently this “soon” isn’t one of those “soon” terms you hear when companies are still hazy about a release date, but rather a “soon” as in within a month. Some of you guys might recall that back in 2011, Riot apparently pulled the plug on a Mac client of the game and the reason behind it was because of a variety of reasons, such as its performance and stability which apparently weren’t up to players’ standards. Granted it’s a little over a year since it got pulled but better late than never, right?
Next Story: Official Blackberry 10 Z10 Cases Revealed
- 2014-01-20: UK Porn Filter Causes Havoc With League Of Legends Patches
- 2013-12-26: League Of Legends' Justin Carter's Motion To Quash Terrorist Threat Case Denied
- 2013-12-05: League Of Legends Snowdown Mode Teased
- 2013-08-27: Riot Games Looking To Develop League Of Legends App For iOS And Android
- 2013-08-21: League Of Legends Hacked; Account Data, Credit Card Info Stolen