Microsoft has just announced that they have launched Microsoft Studios PLAY on Windows 8, kicking off the festivities with 15 new gaming titles. Basically, PLAY games are able to be played anywhere as long as Windows 8 games on the device are supported. Microsoft’s statement is as follows.
The line-up of new titles from Microsoft Studios has something for everyone, from casual puzzlers and high-energy racing to immersive adventure and non-stop arcade action. Xbox fans will also find their favorite features like leaderboards, multiplayer modes, connecting with friends and more. PLAY release highlights include Reckless Racing, Skulls of the Shogun, Hydro, Gunstringer: Dead Man Running, Adera and Minesweeper (the full list of new releases can be found below). The games are available for download now and can be purchased via the Windows 8 App Store or Xbox live. Plus, all Microsoft Studios titles let you try before you buy.
Check out the official Microsoft Studios PLAY trailer in the video above, and paint yourself impressed. Some of the titles include Toy Soldiers (unavailable on Windows RT), 4 Elements: Special Edition, Hydro Thunder, Hurricane, Rocket Riot 3D, Reckless Racing Ultimate, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Mahjong, Microsoft Minesweeper, Taptiles, Adera, Pinball FX2, Wordament, Gunstringer: Dead Man Running, Ilomilo+ and Skulls of the Shogun which launches at the end of this month.
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign