Microsoft already announced the official coming of the Surface Pro tablet, which is on the 9th of February. But it looks like Microsoft will be holding a special event prior to the aforementioned date in order to welcome the tablet. ZDNet has learned that Microsoft is inviting guests to a formal launch on February 8th at the Best Buy in Union Square in New York City. The invited guests will be among the first to get a hands-on of the tablet.
Moreover, these people whom Microsoft calls “Surface Windows 8 Pros” will also be among the first lucky ones to buy the tablet. Joining the said event is Panos Panay, Microsoft’s General Manager of Surface Team, and a few members of the Windows team. Mary Jo Foley of ZDNet says that she was not invited to the event. However, Foley claims that she was able to see the invitation. It’s also worth noting that Microsoft also held a special event prior to the commercial availability date of the Surface RT tablet.
Next Story: Facebook Gets More Expressive
- 'Selfie' Becomes The Word Of The Year For 2013
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Illinois School District Embraces Technology And Plans To Give 7000 iPads
- Lenovo and NAF launches pilot program to teach app programming in high schools
- Androidland: the world's first Android store