Microsoft already announced the official coming of the Surface Pro tablet, which is on the 9th of February. But it looks like Microsoft will be holding a special event prior to the aforementioned date in order to welcome the tablet. ZDNet has learned that Microsoft is inviting guests to a formal launch on February 8th at the Best Buy in Union Square in New York City. The invited guests will be among the first to get a hands-on of the tablet.
Moreover, these people whom Microsoft calls “Surface Windows 8 Pros” will also be among the first lucky ones to buy the tablet. Joining the said event is Panos Panay, Microsoft’s General Manager of Surface Team, and a few members of the Windows team. Mary Jo Foley of ZDNet says that she was not invited to the event. However, Foley claims that she was able to see the invitation. It’s also worth noting that Microsoft also held a special event prior to the commercial availability date of the Surface RT tablet.
Next Story: Facebook Gets More Expressive
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft Surface Mini Accessories Listed By Amazon Retailer
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released
- 2013-08-13 Surface RT And Surface Pro Get Firmware Updates
- 2013-07-01 Microsoft Surface Tablets To Be Available From New Authorized Resellers
- 2013-06-11 Microsoft Surface RT And Surface Pro Firmware Update Arrives
- 2013-04-09 Microsoft Releases New Software Update For Surface Tablets
- 2013-03-15 Microsoft Reportedly Sold 1.5 Million Surface Tablets To Date