Rumor has it that the next generation flagship smartphone from Motorola, simply known as the Motorola X Phone at this point in time, will be slated for a May announcement at the upcoming Google I/O conference that will be happening this coming May 15th to May 17th, where from then onwards, you will still need to play the patience card since it will roll out across all carriers from early July this year. Of course, what you have just read remains to be confirmed and sealed in stone, so do take it with a pinch of salt.
To see the Motorola X Phone appear on all four major carriers in the US would prove to be a first for Motorola and Google. Word has it that Verizon will carry the Motorola X for $299 alongside the standard two-year agreement, while unlocked versions for those who have more money to spare should make their way to the Google Play Store. Interesting, no? After all, the Google Play Store has had a history of offering only Nexus devices to date, so to see the Motorola X appear there would definitely mean re-writing history to a certain extent.
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2013-07-13 Hello Verizon Moto X? New Photo Appears
- 2013-06-25 Moto X May Launch On August 1 [Rumor]
- 2013-04-16 Eric Schmidt Touts New Motorola Products As Phenomenal