When the Wii U launched just a few months ago, New Super Mario Bros. Wii U was the only Mario game available. It certainly served its purpose as Mario fans were able to play a traditional side-scrolling game with their friends, but seeing as 3D Mario games have been the most popular titles on Nintendo systems ever since Mario 64, it’s undeniable fans are waiting impatiently for news for the Wii U 3D Mario game.
During today’s Nintendo Direct streaming video showcase, we didn’t get to see or hear much about the upcoming 3D Mario title. What we did learn is whatever is being developed will make its debut at E3 this year, and will also be completely playable at the media-only show. Many people are speculating it’ll be another Mario Galaxy title, since both the original and Mario Galaxy 2 sold extremely well on the Wii.
We’ll be attending E3 again this year, so we’ll be be sure to swing by Nintendo’s press booth to check out the new 3D Mario game ourselves.
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15 Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13 Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2013-11-14 Watch All 30 Minutes Of The Latest Nintendo Direct Right Here
- 2013-11-07 Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Adds Marth To Its Roster Of Fighters
- 2013-10-30 Nintendo: Wii U Still Having A "Negative Impact" On Our Profits
- 2013-10-25 Nintendo Wii U Basic Set Gets Bundled With Skylanders Swap Force On Nov. 15
- 2013-10-23 Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set Including New Super Mario Bros. U, Luigi U Starting Nov. 1