There are rumors, and then there are rumors, where we will be concentrating on the latter this time around. It seems that Google might be cheeky enough to grace Mobile World Congress next month with a revised version of their Nexus 10 tablet, and word on the street has it that this revamped Nexus 10 tablet will come with a beefier GPU, which makes one of the best Android-powered tablets released in 2012 to be even better, maintaining an edge over the more keen competition. It makes perfect sense for the GPU to be upgraded, considering the processor was more often than not left breathless when it tried to churn out the tablet’s 2,560 x 1,600 resolution. Just for reference, the stock Nexus 10 in 2012 runs on a dual-core 1.7GHz Cortex A15-based Samsung Exynos 5 processor with a quad-core Mali-T604 GPU.
As for the rumored new Nexus , it is said to feature an 8-core T628 GPU, where there is also every possibility of it being the first device to boast of the Mali T678 GPU chip. Some folks who claimed to have had spent some time with this revamped Nexus 10 tablet claims that the difference in performance is like “night and day”, but we would prefer to wait until MWC 2013 rolls around before making our own conclusions.
- 2014-04-01: Nexus 10 Listed As "Coming Soon" On Google Play
- 2014-01-14: Leaked Nexus 10 Renders Most Likely Fake
- 2014-01-05: New Nexus 10 Release Rumored For CES 2014
- 2013-12-08: Nexus 10 Gets Manual Android 4.4.1 KitKat Update
- 2013-12-02: LG V510 Tablet Might Be The Nexus 8
- 2013-11-17: Purported Nexus 10 2013 Images Leaked
- 2013-10-28: Nexus 10 Specs Leaked Briefly On Google Play Store [Rumor]
- 2013-10-24: 16GB Nexus 10 “Out Of Inventory” On Google Play