It is time to break out the old saltshaker yet again, and draw your very own conclusions here with details of the next generation Xbox purportedly leaked. As to whether these leaked details are true or not remains to be seen, since we would not want to take the liberty and calling it as gospel truth before anything official is announced by the folks over at Microsoft.
So far, initial highlights of the next generation Xbox is said to feature an octa-core X64 CPU that chugs along at 1.6GHz, accompanied 8GB of RAM, in addition to sporting a Blu-ray disc drive. The CPU will follow in the footsteps of x64 architecture, sporting 8 CPU cores that run at 1.6GHz, and individual CPU threads come with their own 32KB L1 instruction cache and 32KB L1 data cache. There is also a custom 800MHz graphics processor to work hand in hand with the rest of the hardware.
Connectivity features include Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there is also word that a NUI sensor will be embedded, making it seem as though Kinect has been integrated at a deep level. Can’t wait for Microsoft to share what they really have up their sleeves!
Next Story: LG Optimus G Kicks Off Global Rollout
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2014-03-13: Microsoft Quietly Killed Off The Xbox 360 2-Year Contract Plans, Claims It Was An Experiment