I love the way consumer electronics manufacturers are able to churn out devices that are far hardier than ever before, and yet will be able to retain a certain sense of styling that does not give the game away at all. Case in point, the latest outdoor camera from Nikon, the Nikon Coolpix AW110/AW110s that were specially built for strength and durability, sporting waterproofing to a depth of 18 meters with advanced shooting support functions to boot.
These two shooters will continue the legacy of Nikon’s first tough, waterproof, and cold-proof Coolpix AW100 and AW100s, and will come with the relevant improvements to support shooting in all types of outdoor situations. You get a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens, a backside illumination CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.0-million pixels, integrated Wi-Fi support, and the ability to withstand falls from up to approximately 2 meters.
It also plays well in cold conditions, being cold-proofed to approximately −10°C, and will feature a host of functions which support an active outdoor life, ranging from an altimeter to a depth gauge, and atmospheric pressure, built-in GPS, and a bright and clear 3-inch OLED monitor. You can choose from five attractive colors, such as a camouflage pattern and a new silver shade. [Press Release]
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 920 Service Manual Leaked
- 2014-04-17 Nikon 1 V3 Is Now Shipping
- 2014-04-10 Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10 Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09 Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28 Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2009-08-04 Nikon Coolpix S1000pj projector camera, live photos, schematics
- 2010-07-27 Nikon Camera Announcements On The 17th And 19th Of August?
- 2010-08-09 Nikon Coolpix P7000 rumors abound
- 2010-09-07 Upcoming Nikon Coolpix P7000, S8100, And S80 Pictures Leaked?
- 2010-09-08 Nikon fires salvo to Canon G11 with P7000