[CES 2013] When it comes to point-and-shoot cameras, the name already implies that these are probably the most basic cameras and will be good enough to get the job done, just don’t expect to be able to have full control over the camera that you would with a DSLR, or maybe a more prosumer camera.
That being said, Olympus could be looking to destroy that notion by announcing the Stylus SH-50, a point-and-shoot camera that not only offers a long zoom (24x 25-600mm equivalent), but at the same time offering up 5-axis video stabilization, a feature which the company is boasting makes it the first point-and-shoot camera to offer that. On top of the 5-axis video stabilization, and it should be worth noting that these features were only previously offered on the Olympus OM-D E-M5 flagship interchangeable lens camera.
For those looking to shoot some videos with the Stylus SH-50 iHS, the camera will offer some features that will help you with that, such as its ability to capture Full HD 1080p video, and the Photo-In-Movie feature which lets you snap photos while recording using the camera’s 16MP sensor. The sensor of the SH-50 is a 16MP backlit CMOS sensor that is powered by the TruePic VI image processor. It will also come with a 3” LCD touchscreen display which users can tap to focus and to activate the shutter, full manual controls, features such as Advance Shadow Adjustment, Hand-Held Starlight mode, eleven “Magic Filters” and even a Beauty and Make-up mode.
Available in the US come March 2013, the Olympus Stylus SH-50 will be priced at $299.99 (estimated street price) and will come in either black or white.
- 2014-04-14: Hawkeye Crime Surveillance System Tested, Proves Effective
- 2014-03-31: Motorcycle Is Actually A Camera
- 2014-03-24: Sony A3500 Camera Launched
- 2014-03-18: Tiny Camera Captures Aorta Selfies
- 2014-02-26: Corephotonics Offers Dual Lens Smartphone Camera Possibility
- 2013-01-07: Olympus STYLUS SZ-15 Camera Unveiled
- 2013-01-07: Olympus STYLUS SZ-16 iHS Unveiled With 24x Long Zoom and 16MP CMOS Sensor
- 2013-01-07: Olympus Unveils Flagship Rugged Camera STYLUS TOUGH TG-2 iHS
- 2013-01-07: Olympus STYLUS TOUGH TG-630 iHS Rugged Camera Announced
- 2013-01-07: Olympus Unveils STYLUS TOUGH TG-830 iHS Crushproof Camera