[CES 2013] At CES 2013, Olympus unveiled its new TOUGH series lineup, with the STYLUS TOUGH TG-2 iHS as its new flagship. Just like its famous predecessor launched in May 2012, the Olympus TOUGH TG1-iHS a.k.a. “the world’s first high speed bright lens Tough camera”, it features a fast f2.0-f4.9. 25-100 mm (equivalent) lens, a 3.0” high definition 610K OLED display and the iHS technology that combines a 12 MP BSI CMOS sensor and the Truepic VI image processor for super fast autofocus.
The key upgrades of the new TG-2 iHS are an improved waterproof depth (from 40 feet to 50 feet/ 15m) the new in-body Macro-Zoom feature and an expanded lineup of system lenses and accessories including the MACRO LED adapter.
According to Olympus, the new in-body Super Macro Zoom technology allows to zoom (up to 7x to 14x) and shoot photos from as close as 1cm! The S Macro mode is included on the mode dial for easy access. This might be handy while shooting plants and tiny animals in difficult conditions. Knowing that TOUGH cameras are mainly made for outdoors lovers, no wonder why the manufacturer developed this additional feature. We really need to try it on the showfloor!
Apart from its expandable fast lens and its roughness which includes 6.6 feet/2 m shockproof, the TG-2 iHS delivers regular compact camera features such as 4X Optical zoom, full HD video capture, HDMI out and up to 6400 ISO sensitivity. Shooting modes include Low light Mode, Super Sport Mode, HDR backlight and Multi motion Movie IS.
The Olympus STYLUS TOUGH TG-2 iHS will be available in March in 2 flavors, red and black, for $379.99.
- 2014-04-14: Hawkeye Crime Surveillance System Tested, Proves Effective
- 2014-03-31: Motorcycle Is Actually A Camera
- 2014-03-24: Sony A3500 Camera Launched
- 2014-03-18: Tiny Camera Captures Aorta Selfies
- 2014-02-26: Corephotonics Offers Dual Lens Smartphone Camera Possibility
- 2013-01-08: Olympus Stylus SH-50 iHS Point-And-Shoot Camera Announced With 5-Axis Video Stabilization
- 2013-01-07: Olympus STYLUS SZ-15 Camera Unveiled
- 2013-01-07: Olympus STYLUS SZ-16 iHS Unveiled With 24x Long Zoom and 16MP CMOS Sensor
- 2013-01-07: Olympus STYLUS TOUGH TG-630 iHS Rugged Camera Announced
- 2012-01-09: Olympus Tough TG-320